top of page

Consular Report of Birth Abroad

The CRBA is a crucial document for U.S. citizens born outside of the United States. It serves as proof of U.S. citizenship for those born to U.S. citizen parent(s) in foreign territories.

How to Obtain

  • Apply at a U.S. embassy or consulate in the country of birth.

  • Requires documentation proving a parent's U.S. citizenship and the child's birth details.

Key Features

  • Serves as evidence of U.S. citizenship.

  • Essential for applying for a U.S. passport or social security number.



If lost, the CRBA can be replaced by submitting a request for a "Replacement Consular Report of Birth Abroad" through the U.S. Department of State.

bottom of page