top of page

Expedite New Adult U.S. Passport Application

Stepping into the world of travel and needing your first passport? Look no further.

Our New Passport Service at State Document simplifies and expedites the process to ensure a smooth, fast journey to securing your passport. Avoid the complexities of paperwork and enjoy our streamlined, affordable service.

Travel planning_edited.jpg

Features of our New U.S. Passport Service - From $89 per Applicant

  • Form-Fill Service: We ensure your US Passport application is error-free and adheres to all official requirements.

  • Document Pre-Check Service: Leave no room for mistakes with our document pre-check service. Every last “i” is dotted and box is checked.

  • Appointment Set-up: We handle your US Passport appointment set-up at your local USPS or other Acceptance Agents.

  • Professional Consultation: Benefit from a 15-minute professional video/phone one-on-one consultation.

  • US Passport Expediting Checklist: Receive a personalized US Passport PDF checklist package via email.

What Do You Need for Your First Passport Application?

Navigating the process for the first time can seem daunting, but we're here to assist. To apply for your first passport, you will need:​

  • Form DS-11: This is the application form for a new passport.

  • One color passport-sized photograph: Available at most pharmacies or at our office.

  • A Photo ID includes a driver's license or a state-issued identification card.

  • Proof of US Citizenship: This is usually a birth certificate.

Passport Image

Using our service, we will expedite and simplify your new passport application. We will prepare a detailed list of the documents to present in person to the nearest regional passport agency. If you have any questions about different types of photo IDs and proofs of citizenship, feel free to contact us.

Who Can Apply for a First-Time U.S. Passport?

The category “First Time Passport” applies to you, if:

  • You are applying for a U.S. passport for the first time.

  • Your previous U.S. passport has expired AND was issued more than 15 years ago.

  • Your previous passport expired AND was issued when you were under 16.

  • Your previous passport is still in your possession but has been damaged

  • The name on your passport has changed since it was issued, and you do not have a legal document formally changing your name.

us map.png

When Can You Expect Your First Passport?

Passport Image

Unlike passport renewals which can be done by mail, first-time passport applications can only be processed in person at a regional passport agency or directly through the US Department of State. This can be a deterrent for busy travelers or those unsure how to begin their first international journey.

That's where we step in. In some cases, we're able to get our clients their first passport within a few days. We offer services for getting a passport ASAP, within a few days, within the week, or within a few weeks. We'll work with your timetable to make sure you catch that flight with a new passport in hand!

Have you ever applied for or been issued a U.S. Passport Book?

In certain situations, despite already possessing a passport, you may not qualify for a renewal of either your passport book or passport card. Instead, you will be required to apply for a completely new one. In such instances, when making this type of application, you will need to submit your previous passport at the acceptance agency and provide your previous passport book number and passport card number (if applicable) in section 21 of the DS 11 form.

The following are the scenarios where you need to apply for a new passport:

Your current U.S. Passport is damaged

If the passport's data page (the page with your photo, personal information, and passport details) is significantly torn, mutilated, or otherwise damaged, it is considered invalid and cannot be used for travel.

It's crucial not to attempt any repairs on the damaged passport yourself. Unauthorized repairs may be seen as an attempt to alter the passport, which is illegal.

You obtain your previous U.S. Passport when you were under 16 years old

Passports issued to minors in the United States are valid for a shorter period than those issued to adults.


For minors under 16 years old, U.S. passports are usually valid for five years. Once the passport expires, you will need to apply for a new one as an adult.

You obtain your previous U.S. Passport more than 15 years ago

U.S. passports issued to adults are generally valid for 10 years from the date of issue.


If your passport was issued more than 15 years ago, it has already exceeded its original validity period.

You have changed your name since your last U.S. Passport was issued

If your name or appearance has changed since your last U.S. passport was issued, you will need to apply for a new passport with the updated information.


This is particularly important if your name has legally changed due to marriage, divorce, or other reasons.

Passport application for a child under 16 years old

Passport for a child
Passport for a child

A child's passport, also known as a minor passport, has a shorter validity period than an adult's passport. A child's U.S. passport is typically valid for five years from the issue date. You must apply for a new passport every five years if the child wishes to continue using it for international travel.

Unlike adult passports, child passports cannot be renewed. This means that a new passport application must be submitted once the passport reaches its expiration date. The process of applying for a new child passport is similar to the initial application process, and it requires the child and both parents to be present at a U.S. passport acceptance facility or at least one parent or guardian to appear with a notarized Form DS-3053.


The reason for not allowing passport renewal for child passports is to ensure that the passport holder's information and appearance are up-to-date. Since children's physical features change significantly over time, a new passport with a current photograph is necessary for accurate identification and travel purposes.

Gather Required Documents: You will need to gather the necessary documents before applying for your child's passport. These typically include:

  • Proof of your child's U.S. citizenship: This can be a certified birth certificate, consular report of birth abroad, or certificate of citizenship.

  • Proof of your relationship to the child: This could be the child's birth certificate with both parents' names, adoption decree, or court order establishing guardianship.

  • Government-issued identification of both parents or guardians, such as a driver's license or passport.

Provide Consent for Minor: Both parents or guardians must provide consent for the child's passport issuance. If only one parent can be present, the absent parent can fill out and notarize Form DS-3053*: Statement of Consent.

Show Parental Relationship Evidence: In cases where a parent's name is not on the child's birth certificate, you may need to provide additional evidence of the parental relationship.

When can I apply for a U.S. Passport Renewal instead of a New U.S. Passport?

The U.S. Department of State does not allow for the renewal of passports issued more than 15 years ago. Passport renewal is only applicable if your current passport is undamaged, was issued within the last 15 years, and was issued when you were 16 or older.

If you are eligible for a passport renewal, this option has several advantages over applying for a new passport: 

Simplified application icon

Simplified Application

Renewal applications are usually less complicated and require fewer supporting documents. In many cases, you may only need to submit your old passport, a recent passport photo, and the renewal application form.

lower fees icon

Lower Fees

Renewing a passport is often less expensive than applying for a new one. Renewal fees are typically lower because the renewal process involves less administrative work.

Fast processing icon

Faster Processing

Passport renewal processes are generally faster than applying for a new passport. Renewals can often be done by mail or online (depending on your country) and typically have shorter processing times.

Retaining Previous Visa Stamps

Visa Stamps

When you renew your passport, in most cases, you will receive your old passport back along with your new one. You will retain any existing visa stamps and entry/exit records in your old passport, which can be important for some travel histories.

Capture d’écran 2024-02-18 à 23.30.22.png

No need for an appointment with an Acceptance Agency

You can apply for Passport Renewal through our mailing process. This will save you time and the $35 fee imposed by the Acceptance Agency.

bottom of page